Thursday 23 April 2009

UK Pre-Eurovision Launch Party @ Scala, London

My-oh-my....THIS was one of the BEST nights EVER!!

Friday 17th April saw the UK's Pre-Eurovision Launch Party...hosted at Scala..a great venue in King's Cross, London.

I was lucky enough to have been asked to perform here, amongst some old Eurovision faces, and some of this year's entries from some of the other countries.

Eurovision was a really amazing time for me...I got to represent the UK in 2002, and still currently hold the UK record for best position in the last decade by coming 3rd in the overall competition. Honestly though, I feel like we won that year...even though I am well aware that we didn't lol ;) ..but we had such a great song in "Come Back" ...I was really lucky :)

Below is a picture of Nicky French, myself and Imaani (who is heavily pregnant) ..the British representatives of the night. (Backstage was oh so glam ;) ) The party started rocking at 10pm...and when I left just before 4am it was STILL rocking! These were hardcore Eurovision fans, and it made the night well and truly AWESOME! One of the best crowds I have ever played to. They knew every single word of almost every song!! It was great to be able to see some of the audiences' faces too! It was 3 stories high, but was so well lit (OK it doesn't show from the pics I know...but for a night time gig it was pretty lit up) After my songs I got called back on stage and asked to do an acapella version of my Eurovision song "Come Back" ...a little shocked I stumbled on stage and started to sing...and as soon as I did, the whole place started to sing with me...backing vocals and all!!It was a great feeling being on stage :) I was worried they'd've forgotten who I was, I've been away so long!

I am SO glad to be back...doing what it is I love to do!!

And I'm so thankful for the support that I'm being shown too!

Really - thanks everyone :) ...LOVING you guys!!

Above are some of the pics from the night ...I thought the Ukraine entry was incredible! ...top right pic ...I couldn't take my eyes off them! She was crazy wild!! And those dancers, well, they were something else!! My friend Louisa (pictured bottom left) and I, stripped these sweaty vests from them afterwards as a keepsake from the night...they were pretty cool tops! I am well aware that I look slightly pregnant in mine...it's the belt underneath I swear lol...well we didn't want their sweat on our skin, so we just threw them over our clothes :)

Also pictured is Elena, the Romanian entry...she was a hottie and her performance was great!

I wish I'd taken more pictures, but I was backstage for the most part of the show ...keep a look out for Iceland in the competition too ...Yohanna, she had a brilliant voice and a really good song...nice ballad...just my thing ;)


Oh and I must just say that the following day I took my friend Louisa into Central London shopping. She has never been into town before...it was the funnest day...or should that say 'funniest' day! I asked her if there was anywhere in particular she wanted to see or visit ....she wanted to go to Covent Garden ...great I thought...I love Covent Garden ...Louisa however was slightly disappointed to discover that there was no pond or ducks, nor even a weed let alone a nice grassy area to sit on! Haha :D ...those of you who have been will understand why this was so funny! It was the joke of the weekend! (Covent Garden, for those who have not been, nor heard of what it is, is an area in London known for it's market, cobbled streets, nice shops and street performers)

Love you Lou...thanks for the belly laughs :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment