Wednesday 20 May 2009

Eurovision 2009

The Eurovision Song Contest 2009 was finally upon us last Saturday! And what a great show! It really seemed to be all about the songs this year. I can't say however that Norway had my favourite song, but in fairness it was pretty good. I was watching from the Nightingale night club on a big screen, where I was performing later on that night, and the atmosphere was amazing! I've never been out somewhere to watch it before, and it was especially great as everytime I got a mention on the tv, everyone cheered and waved their flags over at me lol ;)
Above is Alexander, who won the competition, with his self-composed song, Faiytale. Its was really catchy, and he got a phenomenal amount of votes!
Below left, is my favourite though, Yohanna from Iceland, who came 2nd. Her song "Is it True?" was absolutely beautiful! And she sang flawlessly! Below right, is our very own Jade, who came a very respectable 5th! Well done Jade and Sir Lloyd-Webber...great performance! I was a little concerned for Jade at one point, when she looked a little un-stable walking down the staircase, got a tad too close to the violinist, and he caught her in the jaw with either his bow or elbow!! She did really well to barely even flinch! Phew! So professional!


The week or two before I pre-recorded a piece for BBC interactive, alongside some of the other past UK entrants. Pictured below. To be aired via the red-button during the show too. It was a really great day, and so much fun sharing our experiences of 'our time' with eachother, and doing quizes etc...which we were all totally rubbish at! Haha! And, we filmed it right be behind Oxford Street, London, so I got to do some real good shopping afterwards too....bargain! lol :)

In the afternoon I performed at Blackpool Pride 2009. I opened Pride there back in 2005, and my how it has grown! It was a little rainy at times, but thankfully there was lots of undercover areas, so no-one got drenched! I'm sure I've said it before, but this time of year is so much fun with all the Eurovision based parties and summer festivals! I have another couple of gigs this weekend...CAN'T WAIT!! I do love the other parts of my job, but the performing is what it's all about for me!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica - I hope all is well with you. I wonder if you'd be free to have a chat with me about your Eurovision experiences for the Western Mail magazine? We're hoping to put together a 'message for Bonnie' from those who have been there and it would be brilliant to have you in there.
    My email is kirstie.mccrum@mediawales.co.uk, I'd be really grateful if you would let me know.

    Thanks so much, and looking forward to hearing from you,

    Kirstie

    ReplyDelete